CS Teen Leaders
Calling all CS Leaders to teach and inspire CS in your community. Join us for a chance to work with Googlers and take home a $1,000 prize!
This October, 4-H and Google will launch an exciting National Youth Science Day (NYSD) challenge, Code Your World, which is all about learning computer science through four fun hands-on activities. Google and 4-H need your help to deliver our first-ever coding activity called Animate a Name to kids in your community. Your job will be to create a plan to reach as many kids as you can.
Execute your plan and have fun! Your goal is to reach at least 100 kids with Animate a Name at school, special events, county fairs or anything else you can think of. Experts from Google are on hand to help!
As a CS Leader, you must be in 8th-12th grade and will responsible for the following:
* Learn about Animate a Name by attending at least one training webinar.
* Get a sneak preview of the activity, in addition to an orientation on the CS First and Scratch platforms.
* Work with Googlers via Hangouts to ask questions and brainstorm ways to host Animate a Name in your community.
* Share photos of your events, and report on your progress and impact.
* Check in with your Google coach to refine your plan and troubleshoot where needed.
* Work with your 4-H leader or volunteer to help develop your plan, execute events and report your success!
CS Leaders Registration Page: https://goo.gl/forms/TdWepNzKzEEUNzE72
- Registration Due by August 31st 2018
- Registered teams that provide additional information (details will be sent to registered teams and shared on the webinar) about their event plans will be eligible for a free National Youth Science Day Kit shipped to them
Upcoming CS Pathway Teen Leader Webinars and links:
Part 1 – General NYSD Challenge Information
Part 2 – Animate Your Name with Googlers presenting – Again, choose one of the August dates as both will have the same content.
Aug 13, 2018 6:00 pm MDT – https://zoom.us/j/364660563
Contact Dave Francis, email@example.com